“The Catholic school is committed thus to the development of the whole man, since in Christ, the perfect man, all human values find their fulfillment and unity. Herein lies the specifically Catholic character of the school. Its duty to cultivate human values in their own legitimate right in accordance with its particular mission to serve all men has its origin in the figure of Christ. He is the one who ennobles man, gives meaning to human life, and is the model which the Catholic school offers to its pupils.”-The Catholic School, the Sacred Congregation for Catholic Education
St. Matthew the Apostle Catholic School Mission Statement
As a Catholic school community of believers who know, love, and serve Jesus Christ, we celebrate the sacramental life of the Church, proclaim the saving message of Christ, and share the love of the Lord through academic rigor, self-discipline, and service to others.
- Our Catholic identity is realized through a Christ-centered environment where the growth and knowledge of our entire school community is built on the Gospel message and the traditions of the Catholic Church.
- A Christ-centered education is committed to academic excellence and challenges all students to reach their full potential – spiritually, intellectually, physically, emotionally, socially, and morally. Every student in our school is a child of God whose unique abilities and needs are appreciated and respected.
- Our community nurtures and sustains the God-given gifts of every person, and helps them grow into faithful and faith-filled disciples who joyfully practice the charity of the Lord in all circumstances of life, especially with their classmates, teachers, family, as well as the least, the poor and the suffering.
- Within the parish community, students, staff and parents participate fully in the liturgical and sacramental life of the Church.
- As primary educators, parents are expected to take an active role in the educational and sacramental formation of their child.
- St. Matthew the Apostle Catholic School strives for effective communication to ensure a safe environment, positive relationships, and mutual respect among parents, students, teachers, staff, and pastor.
Learn more about our school by visiting St. Matthew the Apostle Catholic School.