KNIGHTS OF COLUMBUS PANCAKE BREAKFASTS EVERY SECOND SUNDAY – Come join us for a delicious breakfast every second Sunday now through March ~ November 11, December 9, January 13, February 10 and March 10, after the 8:00 a.m. and 10:00 a.m. Masses in the Hutta gym. A portion of the proceeds goes toward the Church mortgage. We hope to see you there!
THE LAST NEXT KNIGHTS OF COLUMBUS SMOKER/BBQ EVENT IS SUNDAY, OCTOBER 21 – The Knights of Columbus, St. Jude Council 5801 final event of the season will be Sunday, October 21. All proceeds go to St. Matthew Charitable Works to help the needy in the Gahanna community. All orders must be placed by the Wednesday, October 17 by 5:00 p.m. and picked up on Sunday, October 21 after the 10:00 a.m. and noon Masses. We will be located outside the Knights Hall, west of the school. Look for the smoke in the south parking lot. We will feature a variety of smoked meats this month with two sides. All orders are packaged in cup, pint, and quart size plastic container. Please check out the K of C bulletin board by the Parish Office for more details. There will be order forms available there or you can place your order online at KofC5801Smoker@gmail.com. If you have never placed an order before and have questions, please contact Steve Davis at 419-989-0325.
HOLY HOUR FOR REPARATION, PURIFICATION AND SANCTIFICATION OF THE CHURCH – Please join our clergy and fellow parishioners in the church on the fourth Friday of the month for Exposition of the Blessed Sacrament and an hour of prayer for the universal Church. The next Holy Hour will be held on Friday, October 26 at 7:00 p.m. Everyone is welcome.
PLEASE HELP US UPDATE OUR RECORDS – In an effort to ensure our Parish database is 100% accurate, we are requesting all members of the parish complete the parish roster update. It can be accessed via https://www.stmatthew.net/parish-roster-update or under Quick Links on Saint Matthew’s main page. In order to receive your Online Giving Statement, your primary email address must be accurate. For those parishioners without internet access, please pick up a form in the Gathering Space and return it to the Parish Office. Please email any questions to Leo Grimes at email@example.com. We appreciate your time, cooperation and commitment to the parish.
Perpetual Adoration Reminders
- Free Wifi – A visitor wifi has been made available for use in the Divine Mercy Chapel. No password needed for now. This will allow adorers use on their kindles and smart phones for such apps as iPieta, iBreviary, Laudete, The Pope App, Bible App, etc. Please do not bring laptops inside as the flickering lights will distract other adorers. We will keep this active as long as it is not abused.
- Normal Unlock Schedule – The Adoration Chapel door (the one with the keypad) is currently unlocked from 8AM – 6PM on weekdays and 7AM – 6PM on weekends. If the security light on the keypad is flashing green and red, the system is in unlock mode. If it is solid red it is in locked mode. The door will not latch during unlock mode, and you do not need to worry about it.
- Unified Prayer – “Eternal Father, before your Son I stand, with only my broken dreams, broken efforts and sinful nature before me. As I pray before thee, I unite myself in faith, hope and love with all my brothers and sisters who pray in this chapel. Please hear the prayers and concerns of my brothers and sisters and have mercy on us and on the whole world.“ – Please recite this prayer as you walk into the chapel, and weigh what it means. Remember to take a look through the blessings / prayer book on the sign-in. If we unite our prayers before the Lord, then you will have over 400 dedicated Catholics praying every week for your petitions.
- Phone – It is not feasible to add a phone to the current layout. If you need a phone and do not have one on you, there is a phone in the St. Anthony Kitchen. You are welcome to use it in case of emergencies.
- Cleaning Schedule – Cleaning is set for Friday evenings from 11 pm – midnight. We have ten in our rotating crew, but we still need another six. Yes, it is during the wee hours, but it is done at that time so as to disrupt other adorers the least. If you volunteer, you are only committing to six times in a year. It is very sustainable, and what a great ministry to be a part of. It is easy, and we have a cleaning cart, supplies, dedicated vacuum, and check list.
Incense at Mass – The 8:00 a.m. and 5:00 p.m. Sunday Masses will be dedicated “no-incense” Masses throughout the year.
That Man is You
Every Saturday morning, we meet at 7 – 8:30 am in the undercroft of the church.