Second Annual Knights of Columbus Council 5801 Catholic Book Sale
Date: December 2, 2017 Time: 9:00 a.m.-7:00 p.m.
Location: Hutta Gym
Contact: Steve Davis @ email@example.com or 419.989.0325
Books for all…men, women, and children. We have received several lightly used and some new Catholic books for the Second Annual K of C Book Sale. A few unique items that will be offered that are in very nice condition that might spark your interests. Several familiar and famous authors…. such as Archbishop Fulton Sheen, Father Larry Richards, Scott Hahn, Matthew Kelly, Jeff Cavins, and many more. We have books authored by recent Pope’s….. Pope Francis, Pope Benedict XVI, and St. Pope John Paul II. Many new and used cassette tapes, VCR tapes, CD’s, and DVD’s by many popular Catholic authors available as well. Also being offered will be several unique sacramental items as a free will offering.
If you’re looking for that book that was too expensive to buy new or that book enthusiasts that is looking to add to your collection then you should come check out our offering of books to get a great deal. Make your book purchase a gift item for Christmas or give to a friend.
All proceeds from the book sale and sacramental free will offering will go towards helping any woman or man that has a financial need that wants to go to the Catholic Women/Men Conferences February 17th and February 24th.
HELP SUPPORT THE DOMINICAN SISTERS OF THE IMMACULATE CONCEPTION
The Dominican Sisters for the Immaculate Conception Province will be selling icons, rosaries, candles holders, cards, hand crocheted doilies and angels etc. in the Hutta Gym. Proceeds of the sale will help the second phase of rehabbing a residential home into a convent (especially building the Chapel). You are invited to stop by to view and purchase their beautiful icons and the other handmade crafts in the Hutta Gym. Thank you for your generous support.
School Thanksgiving Day Luncheon Fri., Nov. 17 – from 10:45 AM-12:15 PM
School’s Mother/Son Dance Sat., Nov. 18 – in Noble Center from 7-9:30 PM
Sat./Sun., Nov. 18/19 – Charitable Works Challenge Collection after all Masses
Donut Social & New Parishioner Registration Sun., Nov. 19 – from 11 AM-12:30 PM in St. Anthony & St. Michael
Thanksgiving Day Mass Thurs., Nov. 23 – at 8:30 AM (No 6:30 AM Mass that day)
Invitation to the 14th Annual Knitting and Crocheting Ministry Distribution Weekend: November 10th and 11th, 2017
You & your friends are invited to participate in the 14th annual distribution weekend of all the items we have made over the past year for those in need.
I will need all your items by Monday, Nov. 6, 2017 for final count. Please call me to make arrangements at 614-563-0275 to drop off your items.
NOV. 10, 2017 at 8 AM FRIDAY MEET AT OUR HOME: 94 EASTCHERRY AVE. GAHANNA, OHIO
-We need trucks, vans, volunteers to be at our home at 8 AM, FRIDAY, NOV. 10th to unload the boxes, tubs from the basement, load trucks & vans, transport them to church, unload boxes & tubs -We need the most men & women Friday, Nov. 10th.
-We will unpack all items, pin prayers on items, put boxes together & box up ALL orders
-Empty tubs to be organized & taken back to the Neelys
-As many orders as possible will be picked up/delivered that day
-8 am a group will be at the church to set up tables & prepare room. We need 5-6 men & women.
NOVEMBER 11, 2017, SATURDAY FROM 8 AM TO 12 NOON
PLACE OF GET TOGETHER: MIFFLIN PRESBYTERIAN CHURCH
123 Granville St.
Gahanna, Ohio 43230
-Finish pick up, delivery of all orders Saturday, November 12, 2017
-Clean up room
Refreshments will be provided on both days.
Please RSVP by Nov. 6th which day(s) you will be able to help, how many, and if you can provide, truck or van.
Thank you everyone for all your donations of money, yarn or making items. God has blessed our hands so we can help others in need in this very important ministry. Nov. 12, 2017, we will begin making items for 2018.
Donut Social & New Parishioner Registration Sunday, October 15 from 11-11:45 AM in St. Anthony & St. Michael
BCI/Fingerprinting Wednesday, October 18 – from 4:30-6:30 PM & Protecting God’s Children from 6-9 PM in St. Anthony
The Main Event Saturday, October 21 starting at 6 PM in Noble Center & Hutta
Charitable Works Collection Saturday/Sunday, October 21/22 – after all Masses
All Saints Day Masses (Holy Day of Obligation) Masses are Tues., Oct. 31 Vigil Mass at 7 PM & Nov. 1 Masses, 6:30 AM, 8:30 AM (with School) and 7 PM.
THAT MAN IS YOU MEN’S MINISTRY PROGRAM – My name is Steve Davis, TMIY Coordinator for St. Matthew Parish. I’d like to thank Father Sill and all the clergy for their support and giving me the opportunity to announce the start of the new year of THAT MAN IS YOU Men’s Ministry Program. We had an amazing time last year and those that completed the program have truly been impacted. I know for me personally, I have learned so much about what it is to be a better man and father. For many of us, it was the start of a journey, a journey that we would like for all men of the Parish to join us on. One of the great things about TMIY is that you can join at any time. Men can benefit no matter when they join. In taking this step, you will be one of over 25,000 men going through the TMIY program this year across the country. It is a powerful thing when you gather with a group of other like-minded men striving to do right by God and their families. I know life is busy, but we just ask that you give the program a try. If you are not able to make it every week, we understand, come when you can. The program is getting started again for the TMIY – Year 3 on Sunday, September 10 from 6:15-7:20 p.m. in the Knights Hall and TMIY – Year 4 on Saturday, September 9 from 7:00-8:20 a.m. in the St. Anthony Room. Please consider joining us and see what God has in store for you. The content and the fellowship can change lives. We will have sign-up sheet in the Gathering Space with brochures to further explain the content for this year’s program. TMIY – Year 3 will be “Unveiling of Love” and TMIY – Year 4 will be “Revelation of the Father.” Year 4 will have a mystery breakfast each second Saturday of the month. For more information please contact Steve Davis at firstname.lastname@example.org or call 419-989-0325.
Please help us update our records:
In an effort to ensure our Parish database is 100% accurate, we are requesting all members of the parish complete the parish roster update. It can be accessed via https://www.stmatthew.net/parish-roster-update or under Quick Links on Saint Matthew’s main page. In order to receive your Online Giving Statement, your primary email address must be accurate. For those parishioners without internet access, please pick up a form in the Gathering Space and return it to the Parish Office. Please email any questions to Leo Grimes at email@example.com. We appreciate your time, cooperation and commitment to the parish.
Perpetual Adoration Reminders
- Free Wifi – A visitor wifi has been made available for use in the Divine Mercy Chapel. No password needed for now. This will allow adorers use on their kindles and smart phones for such apps as iPieta, iBreviary, Laudete, The Pope App, Bible App, etc. Please do not bring laptops inside as the flickering lights will distract other adorers. We will keep this active as long as it is not abused.
- Normal Unlock Schedule – The Adoration Chapel door (the one with the keypad) is currently unlocked from 8AM – 6PM on weekdays and 7AM – 6PM on weekends. If the security light on the keypad is flashing green and red, the system is in unlock mode. If it is solid red it is in locked mode. The door will not latch during unlock mode, and you do not need to worry about it.
- Unified Prayer – “Eternal Father, before your Son I stand, with only my broken dreams, broken efforts and sinful nature before me. As I pray before thee, I unite myself in faith, hope and love with all my brothers and sisters who pray in this chapel. Please hear the prayers and concerns of my brothers and sisters and have mercy on us and on the whole world.“ – Please recite this prayer as you walk into the chapel, and weigh what it means. Remember to take a look through the blessings / prayer book on the sign-in. If we unite our prayers before the Lord, then you will have over 400 dedicated Catholics praying every week for your petitions.
- Phone – It is not feasible to add a phone to the current layout. If you need a phone and do not have one on you, there is a phone in the St. Anthony Kitchen. You are welcome to use it in case of emergencies.
- Cleaning Schedule – Cleaning is set for Friday evenings from 11 pm – midnight. We have ten in our rotating crew, but we still need another six. Yes, it is during the wee hours, but it is done at that time so as to disrupt other adorers the least. If you volunteer, you are only committing to six times in a year. It is very sustainable, and what a great ministry to be a part of. It is easy, and we have a cleaning cart, supplies, dedicated vacuum, and check list.
Incense at Mass – The 8:00 a.m. and 5:00 p.m. Sunday Masses will be dedicated “no-incense” Masses throughout the year.
That Man is You
Every Saturday morning, we meet at 7 – 8:30 am in the undercroft of the church.