HOLY WEEK/EASTER SCHEDULE:
HOLY THURSDAY, April 18
4 pm: Adoration Chapel closes
7 pm: Mass of the Lord’s Supper
GOOD FRIDAY, April 19
3 pm and 7 pm: Celebration of the Lord’s Passion
HOLY SATURDAY, April 20
11 am: Blessing of the Easter food
8:30 pm: Easter Vigil Mass of the Resurrection
EASTER SUNDAY, April 21
8 am, 10 am, 12 noon: Easter Mass
NO 5 pm Mass on Easter
WEDNESDAY, APRIL 24
9:30 am: Perpetual Adoration resumes
STATIONS OF THE CROSS will be Fridays in Lent at 10:30 a.m. (with grades K-3) & 1:30 p.m. (with grades 4-8).
CALL TO PRAYER FOR OUR NATION – We can help our country turn back to God though prayer. It can change hearts, our families, our communities, our country and our world. Please join us to pray the Divine Mercy chaplet and the Rosary for our Nation on every first Sunday of the month. The next one will be Sunday, April 7 at 3:00 p.m. in the Church. Everyone is welcome.
EXULT PRAISE & WORSHIP! St. Matthew will be hosting an hour of Eucharistic Adoration and Praise and Worship each second Saturday of the month. Come and join us in the worship space on Saturday, April 13 at 7:30 p.m. Everyone is welcome!
MONTHLY ROSARY – There are many sick, elderly or home bound parishioners who need our prayers. Please join us each month as we say a public rosary in the Adoration Chapel on the third Friday of the month at 2:00 p.m. Our next rosary will be Friday, May 17.
HOLY HOUR FOR REPARATION, PURIFICATION AND SANCTIFICATION OF THE CHURCH – Please join our clergy and fellow parishioners in the church on the Fourth Friday of the month for Exposition of the Blessed Sacrament and an hour of prayer for the universal Church. The next Holy Hour will be held Friday, April 26 at 7:00 p.m. Everyone is welcome.
MONTHLY DEMENTIA/ALZHEIMER’S SUPPORT GROUP – Are you a caregiver to someone with dementia? An Alzheimer’s/dementia support group is offered by Gene Poirier the second Monday of the month. There will not be a meeting in April. The next one is Monday, May 13 at 6:00 p.m. in the St. Gabriel Room. Gene was a caregiver for his wife until her passing and is currently a volunteer with the Alzheimer Association and an outspoken advocate for Alzheimer’s awareness. He offers his experience and insight to three different support groups. The group is open to all dementia caregivers and offers practical advice and information to help them cope with this difficult responsibility. No registration is necessary. You may contact Gene at firstname.lastname@example.org or 614-855-2199.
PLEASE HELP US UPDATE OUR RECORDS – In an effort to ensure our Parish database is 100% accurate, we are requesting all members of the parish complete the parish roster update. It can be accessed via https://www.stmatthew.net/parish-roster-update or under Quick Links on Saint Matthew’s main page. In order to receive your Online Giving Statement, your primary email address must be accurate. For those parishioners without internet access, please pick up a form in the Gathering Space and return it to the Parish Office. Please email any questions to Leo Grimes at email@example.com. We appreciate your time, cooperation and commitment to the parish.
Perpetual Adoration Reminders
- Free Wifi – A visitor wifi has been made available for use in the Divine Mercy Chapel. No password needed for now. This will allow adorers use on their kindles and smart phones for such apps as iPieta, iBreviary, Laudete, The Pope App, Bible App, etc. Please do not bring laptops inside as the flickering lights will distract other adorers. We will keep this active as long as it is not abused.
- Normal Unlock Schedule – The Adoration Chapel door (the one with the keypad) is currently unlocked from 8AM – 6PM on weekdays and 7AM – 6PM on weekends. If the security light on the keypad is flashing green and red, the system is in unlock mode. If it is solid red it is in locked mode. The door will not latch during unlock mode, and you do not need to worry about it.
- Unified Prayer – “Eternal Father, before your Son I stand, with only my broken dreams, broken efforts and sinful nature before me. As I pray before thee, I unite myself in faith, hope and love with all my brothers and sisters who pray in this chapel. Please hear the prayers and concerns of my brothers and sisters and have mercy on us and on the whole world.“ – Please recite this prayer as you walk into the chapel, and weigh what it means. Remember to take a look through the blessings / prayer book on the sign-in. If we unite our prayers before the Lord, then you will have over 400 dedicated Catholics praying every week for your petitions.
- Phone – It is not feasible to add a phone to the current layout. If you need a phone and do not have one on you, there is a phone in the St. Anthony Kitchen. You are welcome to use it in case of emergencies.
- Cleaning Schedule – Cleaning is set for Friday evenings from 11 pm – midnight. We have ten in our rotating crew, but we still need another six. Yes, it is during the wee hours, but it is done at that time so as to disrupt other adorers the least. If you volunteer, you are only committing to six times in a year. It is very sustainable, and what a great ministry to be a part of. It is easy, and we have a cleaning cart, supplies, dedicated vacuum, and check list.
Incense at Mass – The 8:00 a.m. and 5:00 p.m. Sunday Masses will be dedicated “no-incense” Masses throughout the year.
That Man is You
Every Saturday morning, we meet at 7 – 8:30 am in the undercroft of the church.