“Charm is deceptive, and beauty is fleeting, but a woman who fears the Lord is to be praised.” Proverbs 31:30
Who we are:
The Ladies of St. Jude was established in late 2015 to unite the women of the St. Matthew parish. We are a group of Catholic women (18 and over) from every corner of the parish – church, school, PSR – who like to have lots of fun while raising funds for pro-life causes and promoting family events in our parish. We work with other ministries to support their goals. We look for needs in the community and support where we are able. Our main purpose, however, is to be a casual and comfortable environment for Catholic women to meet, be in fellowship, and share life all the while bolstering community support and the inclusion of all families.
Where we are:
The Ladies of St. Jude meet once a month on the 3rd Wednesday of the month in the Knights of Columbus room on the 2nd floor of the Parish Support Center building at 7pm. All meetings begin with Ladies’ business followed by a social portion where you can meet and greet other women of the parish.
Who can join?
Any Catholic woman, 18 years of age or older.
What is the cost to join?
Annual dues for the Ladies of St. Jude are $20 per person. Discounts are available for students and seniors and anyone needing financial assistance.
What do we do?
In our first year of business, we held the following events:
- “That’s My Pan” fundraiser – to help get our group going.
- Lenten Fish Fry Help – 2016 and 2017 – the Ladies are in charge of the 50/50 raffle and the admission table during Fish Fry season.
- Paint and Sip Night – for a small fee, attendees could paint a 16×20 canvas with a lesson led by Lauren Navarro while enjoying their favorite wine and the fellowship of their peers.
- Parish collection for the Women’s Care Center – The Ladies of St. Jude raised over $8,000 and over 8,000 diapers along with a truckload of other goodies. This was the largest single parish donation the center has ever received.
- OSU v. Michigan State Tailgate – with a big screen in the Hutta, kids’ crafts, Chinese auction, games, and TONS of food!
- Ladies of St. Jude Christmas Party – first and definitely not the last! Ornament exchange and LOTS of food!
- Columbus Catholic Women’s Conference – attended together as a group and carpooled
- SoulCORE – Rosary workout
- “Just Us Chicks” – Mother / Daughter event – held the weekend before Mother’s day. Mini manicures, mini makeovers, craft tables, photo booth and lots of treats.
- Ladies of St. Jude Movie nights
- And more to come…!!!
How do I join?
Visit our monthly meeting – ALL are welcome – or contact an officer at firstname.lastname@example.org!