“Where one alone may be overcome, two together can resist. A three-ply cord is not easily broken” – Ecclesiastes 4:12
Why become a Knight?
In today’s world, many Catholic men are looking to fulfill their desire to spend meaningful time with their family, to serve their community and their Church, and to grow in their faith. Joining the Knights of Columbus provides these men and their families with volunteer opportunities and activities that accomplish these goals. If you are such a man who is dedicated to making a difference, then membership in the Knights of Columbus is for you. Additionally, the Knights of Columbus also offers a portfolio of top-quality life insurance, long-term care, and annuity products exclusively for members and their families.
Who are the Knights?
Knights are Catholic men, 18 years of age and older, who are committed to making their community a better place, while supporting their Church.
Knights share camaraderie with men who hold values similar to yours. Knights are involved with your community; they support your local Catholic Church and its causes, while deepening their faith; and they believe in protecting and enhancing family life.
The Knights of Columbus is an international Catholic lay organization with more than 1.7 million members in 13,000 councils located throughout the United States, Canada, Mexico, the Philippines, Puerto Rico, Poland, and several other countries.
Knights serve far…
Together, members of the Knights of Columbus improve their world through remarkable achievements and staggering numbers such as:
• $1.1 billion is the amount raised and distributed to the Church, community, youth and fellowman in the past 10 years.
• 593 million volunteer hours in service through the “Surge … With Service” outreach program since 1998.
• 1.2 million Knights and their families are covered by the award-winning insurance the Knights provide.
• $38 million contributed to aid and support thousands of seminarians and postulants in their religious journey since 1980.
• $20 million in the “Knights of Columbus Vicarius Christi” fund, the earnings on which are conveyed annually to the Holy Father for his charities.
• $1 million in the Heroes Fund, which provides aid to the families of the emergency personnel killed or disabled during the 9/11 attacks.
• $10 million collected and given to the victims of the 2005 Gulf States Hurricane Disaster.
8,000 wheelchairs provided to people with disabilities worldwide.
Knights serve near…
On April 17, 1966, the St. Jude Council 5801 was founded in Gahanna, Ohio. Currently, there are over 150 members serving St. Matthew Parish.
We maintain strong support to our Catholic Church, our Holy Father, and our Parish.
We support vocations, seminarians and the religious in our community.
We support the sanctity of life at all stages, the blessing of fatherhood and celebrate the beauty of traditional family.
We work to assist our youth in developing self-respect, a sense of community and help them find a loving relationship with Jesus Christ to strengthen them on their journey of life.
Please call our Grand Knight for more information: