“The Catholic school is committed thus to the development of the whole man, since in Christ, the perfect man, all human values find their fulfillment and unity. Herein lies the specifically Catholic character of the school. Its duty to cultivate human values in their own legitimate right in accordance with its particular mission to serve all men has its origin in the figure of Christ. He is the one who ennobles man, gives meaning to human life, and is the model which the Catholic school offers to its pupils.”-The Catholic School, the Sacred Congregation for Catholic Education
St. Matthew School Mission Statement
Our mission is to enhance student learning in an environment that evokes the Catholic principles of love, respect, honesty, integrity and service to others.
- The fundamental teachings of Christ assist students in achieving excellence in their religious, academic, physical, social and emotional development.
- Students are educated in a Catholic environment that strives to bring each child to his or her full potential.
- Students are encouraged to develop self-discipline and accept responsibility for their actions.
- Students are given the opportunity to live their Christian faith through service to others.
- Teachers instruct using best practices in a nurturing, caring and compassionate fashion.
- Teachers use discipline in a manner that reflects a Christian respect for ones self and ones fellow human beings.
- The family of each child is invited and encouraged to participate in the educational process.
Learn more about our Mustangs by visiting St. Matthew School.