Save the date for the 2017 Annual St. Matthew Parish Festival!
July 20, 21, and 22
Thursday, July 20: 6PM – 11PM
Friday, July 21: 6PM – midnight
Saturday, July 22: 5PM – midnight
1st Chairs for 2017: Stephanie and T.C. Couhig, firstname.lastname@example.org
Online Volunteer Registration Information:
The St. Matthew Festival is a success thanks to so many volunteers who give their time to support the school and religious education programs. To sign up to volunteer at the 2017 Festival, please click on the link below:
We would like to make sure you are aware that we follow the Safe Environment Program (SEP) for the Columbus Diocese. The SEP requires all adult volunteer (18 years or older who have graduated from high school) working the festival to have a background check completed and on file with St. Matthew Church. Anyone working in Kiddieland must also have completed Protecting God’s Children. The only volunteers exempt from these requirements are those working in Monte Carlo because children will not be helping in that area.
Information on completing the background check and Protection God’s Children requirements can be found at: http://www.stmatthew.net/protecting-gods-children. Please contact Karen Lackey, email@example.com, in the Parish Office for details.
Do you have a company that can help support the St. Matthew Festival? Joining our Festival as a sponsor can meet both charitable and marketing opportunities for your organization as well as afford the opportunity to support your local Catholic community.
Thank you to our 2017 Festival Sponsors. We appreciate your support!
James T. Hutta DDS
Bob Boyd Auto Family
Jess Howard Electric
Family Physicians of Gahanna
Jefferson Country Club
Velvet Ice Cream
Edgewood Home Maintenance
Spirit of Peace
Consumer Support Services
Whempy’s Chimney Services
Cub Scout Pack #317 – St. Matthew Parish
Dr. Brent Bickel – Ortho One
Sassy Travel, LLC
Tim and Carolyn Howard
Daniel and Lindsay Heinmiller
Anthony and Cynthia Bumbico
Remax Impact – Jan Johnson
Should you have any questions regarding sponsorship, please do not hesitate to contact Greg Pendleton at firstname.lastname@example.org.
We appreciate your consideration!
Please note that all contributions to St. Matthew are tax deductible!
Entertainment/Bands (all bands begin at 7 PM):
- Thursday (July 20): The Majestics
- Friday (July 21): Hostile Work Environment
- Saturday (July 22): Paul Clark Party Band
The Kitchen serves a nightly dinner special in the Hutta gymnasium every evening of the Festival, along with pizza and other a la carte items. Dinner price is $8.00.
- Thursday (July 20): Chicken Dinner
- Friday (July 21): Hand Beer Battered Alaskan Cod Dinner; sponsored by the Knights of Columbus
- Saturday (July 22): Carfagna’s Spaghetti and Meatballs
- Other food includes grill (hot dogs, hamburgers, etc.), Gatsby’s Pizza, White Castle sliders, Velvet Ice Cream, candy, soft pretzels, fresh lemon shakeups, and more!Soft drinks, bottled water, beer, Actual Brewery craft beer, and wine available
Rides and Games:
- Ride Wrist Band: $15/day for all you can ride
- Kiddie Land: Open until 8:30 each night; $5 entry for unlimited play
- Thursday night: Twisted Balloons balloon lady included
- Friday night: $2 off make your own tie-dye shirt
- Saturday night: Cupcake wheel
- Hair and face paint included in Kiddie Land entry
- Friday: Make your own tie-dye St. Matthew Shirt
- $10/shirt for child sizes
- $12/shirt for adult sizes
- $2 off your shirt with Kiddie Land bracelet
- Game area open every night: Chuck-A-Luck; Cake Wheel; Plinko; Sports Games
Monte Carlo and Poker Tournament
Monte Carlo Casino (Texas Hold ‘Em/ Blackjack) will be available every evening in the Noble Center. The 6th Annual Charity Poker Tournament will be held Saturday, July 22 at 7 PM in the Noble Center. Registration begins at 6 PM. For more information, please contact email@example.com.
Tickets are $5.00 each, or seven (7) for $30.00.
Grand Prize: $2000
2nd Prize: $1000
3rd Prize: $ 500
Drawings for the above prizes will be held at 11:00 pm on Saturday, July 22rd
Thank you to all our current 2017 Festival Committee members for their time and commitment to making this year’s festival a success!