The Ladies of St. Jude will be hosting the authors of “Divine Mercy for Moms,” Emily Jaminet and Michele Faehnle, on Sunday July 16th at 6:30 p.m. in the St. Anthony room. Please mark your calendar! You do not need to be a member of the Ladies of St. Jude or St. Matthew nor do you need to read the book before attending, just come listen to what these beautiful, faithful women have to offer and let them lead you closer to Christ!! We will have these fabulous women back in the fall near the release of their book “The Friendship Project.”
The event is free, but the book will be available for a discounted price. Don’t miss this friends!!!
School Commissioning of the Grades in the Church, Wednesday, May 31 from 9:30-10:30 AM
Baccalaureate Mass & All School Mass, June 1 – at 8:30 AM
8th Grade Graduation at 5 PM with Dinner & Dance to follow in Hutta and Noble Center
First Friday Masses, June 2 – at 6:30 & 8:30 AM & 7 PM
Mass the Rite of Acceptance and Welcome for New RCIA Group, Sunday, June 4 at 5 PM
Baptism Preparation Session, Wednesday, June 7 from 7-8:30 PM in St. Michael Room
School Office closes at Noon for the summer, Thursday, June 15
Donut Social & New Parishioner Registration, Sun, June 18 from 11-11:45 AM in St. Anthony & St. Michael
St. Matthew Kids Camp, June 19-23 from 9-11:30 AM in School, Hutta & St. Raphael
Danny’s Day Red Cross Blood Drive, Saturday, June 24 – from 7 AM-1 PM in Hutta
Charitable Works Collection after all Masses June 24/25
Jubilee Mass of Anniversaries with Bishop Campbell, Sunday, June 25 at 2:30 PM; reception in Noble Center following Mass
LifeTouch Directory Pictures June 26-30
Parish Sacred Heart Enthronement
Please help us update our records:
In an effort to ensure our Parish database is 100% accurate, we are requesting all members of the parish complete the parish roster update. It can be accessed via http://www.stmatthew.net/parish-roster-update or under Quick Links on Saint Matthew’s main page. In order to receive your Online Giving Statement, your primary email address must be accurate. For those parishioners without internet access, please pick up a form in the Gathering Space and return it to the Parish Office. Please email any questions to Leo Grimes at email@example.com. We appreciate your time, cooperation and commitment to the parish.
Perpetual Adoration Reminders
- Free Wifi – A visitor wifi has been made available for use in the Divine Mercy Chapel. No password needed for now. This will allow adorers use on their kindles and smart phones for such apps as iPieta, iBreviary, Laudete, The Pope App, Bible App, etc. Please do not bring laptops inside as the flickering lights will distract other adorers. We will keep this active as long as it is not abused.
- Normal Unlock Schedule – The Adoration Chapel door (the one with the keypad) is currently unlocked from 8AM – 6PM on weekdays and 7AM – 6PM on weekends. If the security light on the keypad is flashing green and red, the system is in unlock mode. If it is solid red it is in locked mode. The door will not latch during unlock mode, and you do not need to worry about it.
- Unified Prayer - “Eternal Father, before your Son I stand, with only my broken dreams, broken efforts and sinful nature before me. As I pray before thee, I unite myself in faith, hope and love with all my brothers and sisters who pray in this chapel. Please hear the prayers and concerns of my brothers and sisters and have mercy on us and on the whole world.“ – Please recite this prayer as you walk into the chapel, and weigh what it means. Remember to take a look through the blessings / prayer book on the sign-in. If we unite our prayers before the Lord, then you will have over 400 dedicated Catholics praying every week for your petitions.
- Phone – It is not feasible to add a phone to the current layout. If you need a phone and do not have one on you, there is a phone in the St. Anthony Kitchen. You are welcome to use it in case of emergencies.
- Cleaning Schedule - Cleaning is set for Friday evenings from 11 pm – midnight. We have ten in our rotating crew, but we still need another six. Yes, it is during the wee hours, but it is done at that time so as to disrupt other adorers the least. If you volunteer, you are only committing to six times in a year. It is very sustainable, and what a great ministry to be a part of. It is easy, and we have a cleaning cart, supplies, dedicated vacuum, and check list.
Incense at Mass – The 8:00 a.m. and 5:00 p.m. Sunday Masses will be dedicated “no-incense” Masses throughout the year.
That Man is You
Every Saturday morning, we meet at 7 – 8:30 am in the undercroft of the church.